Do you have the best ham in Australia?
Now in its seventh year, the PorkMark Artisan Ham Awards have grown to become a highly recognised annual celebration, giving makers the opportunity to be crowned Australia’s best ham.
The results of the 2017/18 PorkMark Artisan Ham Awards will be announced this November, at the start of Australian Christmas Ham Season. Last year’s Ham Week generated a total 509 media reports, worth $5.4 million in advertising space, making it a great PR opportunity for the national and state winners.
- To identify Australia’s Best Artisan Hams and celebrate their makers nationally and state wide.
- To make consumers aware that over two thirds of ham consumed in Australia is imported from pork overseas.
- To reinforce that Australian ham is worth paying a little extra for. Celebrate the high quality Australian consumers deserve.
- To support the Australian Pork industry in the important lead up to Christmas.
Winners will receive:
- The highest scoring ham will be heralded as having the best artisan ham of the 2017 PorkMark Ham Awards and will receive one week’s free radio advertising in their state or territory, including all production costs.
- All finalists of each category receive a plaque for their shopfront and customised targeted media releases. State winners will also be mentioned in targeted media releases.
- Winners of previous awards have significantly widened their distribution networks, and seen sales increases of up to 400%.
- All entrants receive detailed feedback on their ham entry from three independent judges
- All licensees receive access to free DIY Christmas Ham promotion kits including posters.