BBQ Chai glazed pork spare ribs
Prep time 40 minutes Cook time 12 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •8-10 lean pork belly rashers or spare ribs
- •½ cup cold Chai tea, strong black
- •¼ tsp chilli powder
- •1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- •1 cup Chai tea, strong black
- •½ cup brown sugar
- •1 orange, zested and juiced
- •4 star anise
- •Roti bread
- •Steamed basmati rice
- 1.Cut pork rashers in half and place in a non-metallic shallow dish.
- 2.Pour over the combined marinade and marinate for 40 minutes or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
- 3.Place glaze ingredients in jar or container to sell with the ribs.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
- BBQ pork on a preheated BBQ grill for 5-6 minutes each side.
- Place glaze ingredients into a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until liquid boils. Increase heat and boil rapidly until liquid is syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Brush glaze over ribs liberally and caramelise for 2 minutes on the BBQ being careful not to burn.
- Serve pork with warm Roti bread, basmati rice and salad.
Note: When glazing pork on the BBQ it’s best to cook marinated pork first, then apply glaze. This prevents sugars in the glaze burning too quickly.