BBQ Moroccan pork sticks
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
|800g pork mince||$3.60|
|3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped||$0.60|
|1 carrot, peeled and grated||$0.05|
|400g can chickpeas, crushed||$0.80|
|20g Moroccan seasoning||$0.72|
|100g pistachio dukkah||$8.80|
|12 wooden skewers, soaked||$0.32|
|Cost per kg||$19.11|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$25.99|
|RRP (per kilo)||$32.49|
- •800g pork mince
- •3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- •1 carrot, peeled and grated
- •400g can chickpeas, crushed
- •1 egg
- •20g Moroccan seasoning
- •100g pistachio dukkah
- •12 wooden skewers, soaked
- 1.In a large bowl combine pork mince, mint leaves, grated carrot, chick peas, egg and Moroccan seasoning. Mix well.
- 2.Divide mixture into 12 x 100 g portions and shape into sausage shapes.
- 3.Thread Moroccan pork onto 12 skewers and coat each skewer in pistachio dukkah.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
Heat fan-grill to 200°C. Place skewers under fan grill, preheated BBQ plate, or cook on medium heat in a griddle pan. Cook for 4 minutes each side. Serve hot with tabbouleh salad and hummus dipping sauce.