- •2 kilo pork shoulder
- •1 tbsp minced garlic
- •1 tsp garlic salt
- •2 tsp fennel seeds
- •1 tsp chilli flakes
- •2 thyme sprigs
- •2 tsp peppercorns
- 1.Place pork shoulder skin side down on baking paper
- 2.Rub with minced garlic
- 3.Sprinkle with garlic salt
- 4.Add fennel seeds
- 5.Add a small amount of chilli flakes
- 6.Add sprigs of thyme and peppercorns
- 7.Turn shoulder over, remove baking paper
- 8.Score skin in a diamond pattern
- 9.Remove every second piece of skin to create a checkerboard pattern
- 10.Rub minced garlic on exposed fat pieces
- 11.Add a few peppercorns, fennel seeds, garlic salt, chilli flakes and sprigs of thyme in the exposed areas
Customer Cooking instructions:
- Pre-heat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Rub roast with oil.
- Place on an oven tray and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 180 degrees C and cook for 45 minutes per kilo.