Chilli, garlic and lemon roast pork belly
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 1 hour 15 minutes
|1 kg pork belly||$9.00|
|1 teaspoon chilli flakes||$0.42|
|1 teaspoon garlic granules||$0.20|
|1 teaspoon lemon zest||$0.30|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||$0.21|
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt||$0.05|
|1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper||$0.05|
|Total cost per kg||$10.23|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$17.39|
|RRP (per kg)||$17.39|
- •1 kilo pork belly
- •1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- •1 teaspoon garlic granules
- •1 teaspoon lemon zest
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •½ teaspoon sea salt
- •½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1.Combine the chilli flakes, garlic granules, lemon zest, salt, pepper and oil in a small bowl.
- 2.Score the skin of the pork belly. Rub the mixture all over the pork belly skin making sure that it gets in between the score marks.
- 3.Garnish with lemon segments, rosemary and oregano.
Customer Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven to 240 degrees. Roast on a baking tray for 40 minutes until the rind crackles, then reduce temperature to 180 degrees and roast for a further 25 minutes. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.