Crispy pork belly with sticky Tamarind & chilli jam
Prep time 30 minutes Cook time 1 hour 20 minutes
Serves 10 people
- •1 x 2kg piece boneless pork belly
Sticky Tamarind & chilli jam
- •2 tsp peanut oil
- •1 tbsp finely shredded ginger
- •2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- •1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- •¼ cup caster sugar
- •1 ½ tbsp Tamarind puree
- •2 tsp fish sauce
- 1.Score rind at 1cm intervals.
- 2.To make sticky tamarind jam - heat oil in small saucepan over high heat. Add ginger, garlic and chilli and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until aromatic. reduce heat to low. add ¼ cup of water, sugar, tamarind puree and fish sauce. Stir to dissolve the sugar. reduce heat and simmer, stirring accasionally for 7-8 minutes or until the jam is thick and sticky. Remove from heat and when cool place in air tight container or jar.
- 3.Or #switchitup - offer a sauce you already have in the shop
Customer Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan forced. rub pork rind with oil and sea salt.
- Place a rack in a large roasting pan. Pour 3 cups of water into the roasting pan. Place pork skin side up on the rack.
- Roast pork for 40-45 minutes or until the skin is golden and crackles.
- Reduce heat to 170°C/150°C fan forced and roast for a further 40 minutes or until the pork is very tender.
- Remove pork from oven. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes. Slice pork into small squares. Arrange pork on platter. Serve with sticky tamarind jam and shredded green onions.
Tips: for the best crackling, place pork belly skin side up onto a tray lined with baking paper and refrigerate overnight from the fridge 1 hour before scoring the skin.