Crunchy salt and pepper strips
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •500g lean wide cut pork stir-fry strips
- •1 egg, beaten
- •¼ cup iced water
- •½ cup rice flour
- •½ cup corn flour
- •1 tsp white pepper, ground
- •½ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- •1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- •1 teaspoon flaked salt
- •Grated rind of 1 lime
- 1.Whisk together the beaten egg and water in a medium bowl. Toss through the pork strips and coat well.
- 2.Shake together the flours, pepper, salt and lime zest in a large plastic bag until well combined.
- 3.Place ½ the pork strips into the bag and shake well to coat strips lightly. Remove and set aside. repeat with remaining strips.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
- Heat oil slowly in a large deep frying pan over medium heat to 190⁰C.
- When the oil has reached 190⁰C cook the pork strips in small batches until crisp and golden. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with garlic aioli or your favourite dipping sauce.