Crunchy Tex Mex pork steak
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
|4 x 150g pork collar butt steak||$4.20|
|3 tablespoons corn flour||$0.16|
|50g plain flour||$0.04|
|2 tablespoons taco seasoning||$2.24|
|3 tablespoons cold water||$0.00|
|100g corn chips, crumbled||$1.00|
|1 cup panko crumbs||$0.87|
|Cost per kg||$14.68|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$14.98|
|RRP (per kilo)||$24.96|
- •4 x 150g pork collar butt steak
- •3 tablespoons corn flour
- •50g plain flour
- •2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- •1 egg
- •3 tablespoons cold water
- •100g corn chips, crumbled
- •1 cup panko crumbs
- 1.Using a meat mallet, gently flatten the pork steaks.
- 2.In a large bowl mix Corn flour, corn chips, Panko crumbs and taco seasoning. Dust pork schnitzel with plain flour and shake off excess. Dip each schnitzel into beaten egg and water.
- 3.Press schnitzel firmly into the crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining schnitzels.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
Heat oil in a shallow frying pan and shallow fry each schnitzel for 2 minutes each side, until golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve Tex Mex pork with char-grilled corn and capsicum. Garnish with avocado and lime wedges.