Ham Hock Mustard Terrine
- •Mixing bowl
- •Heating element
- •Terrine mold or long rectangle cake tin
- •Cling film
- •2 smoked ham hocks (1kg)
- •2 tbsp (30g) wholegrain mustard
- •¼ cup (60g) of chopped parsley
- •3 geltain sheets
- •2 cups (500ml) of cider
- •2 chopped carrots
- •2 chopped celery sticks
- •1 onion chopped
- •2 bay leaves
- •6 sprigs thyme
- •3 star anise
- •6 whole peppercorns
- 1.In a large pot place the ham hocks and all stock ingredients, cover with cold water and bring to boil.
- 2.Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer for 3 hours, then let cool.
- 3.While the hocks are cooling, grease the terrine mold with oil then line with cling film.
- 4.Once the pot is cooled, remove hocks from the pot and strain liquid into a bowl. Once strained pour half back into pot.
- 5.Shred both pork hocks removing all bone, skin, and sinew.
- 6.In a mixing bowl combine the ham hock meat, mustard, and parsley.
- 7.Once mixed through, press meat in prepared mold.
- 8.Soak gelatin sheets in cold water for 5 minutes, then remove the sheets from water and add to reduced stock and stir.
- 9.Once the gelatin sheets are stirred through the stock pour enough stock into the mold to cover the ham. To make sure to remove any trapped air tap the mold on bench.
- 10.Then place into refrigeration to set overnight.
- 11.Serving suggestion: Serve toasted sourdough, cappers, and a cheese board.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Ham hock mustard terrine ingredients
Ham Hock (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Cider (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Carrot, Celery, Onion, Fresh parsley, Wholegrain mustard (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Gelatine (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Fresh Thyme, Star anise, Whole peppercorns, Bay leaves.
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.