Ham Hock Mustard Terrine
- •Mixing bowl
- •Large Pot
- •Heating element
- •Terrine mold or long rectangle cake tin
- •Cling wrap
- •2 smoked ham hocks, approximately 1kg
- •2 tbsp (30g) wholegrain mustard
- •¼ cup (60g) of chopped parsley
- •3 geltain sheets
- •2 cups (500ml) of cider
- •2 carrots, chopped
- •2 celery sticks, chopped
- •1 onion, chopped
- •2 bay leaves
- •6 sprigs thyme
- •3 whole star anise
- •6 whole peppercorns
- 1.In a large pot place the ham hocks and all stock ingredients, cover with cold water and bring to boil.
- 2.Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer for 3 hours, then let cool.
- 3.While the hocks are cooling, grease the terrine mold with oil then line with cling wrap.
- 4.Remove hocks from the pot when cool, strain liquid into a bowl. Pour half the strained liquid back into pot.
- 5.Remove meat from pork hocks and shred.
- 6.In a mixing bowl combine hock meat, mustard and parsley. Press meat in prepared mold.
- 7.Soak gelatin sheets in cold water to soften, remove gelatin sheets and squeeze to drain excess water. Add to warm reserved stock, stir to dissolve.
- 8.Gently pour stock into the mold to cover the ham. To ensure any trapped air is removed, tap the mold on bench.
- 9.Once the gelatin sheets are stirred through the stock pour enough stock into the mold to cover the ham. To make sure to remove any trapped air tap the mold on bench.
- 10.Place the terrine into refrigeration to set overnight.
- 11.Serving suggestion: Serve toasted sourdough, cappers, and a cheese board.
General InformationIngredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Ham hock mustard terrine ingredients
Ham Hock (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Cider (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Carrot, Celery, Onion, Fresh parsley, Wholegrain mustard (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Gelatine (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Fresh Thyme, Star anise, Whole peppercorns, Bay leaves.
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.