Hawaiian Pork Burgers
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
Serves 6 people
|500g lean Pork mince||$2.15|
|200g can crushed pineapple, drained||$1.63|
|2 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped||$0.15|
|2 spring onions, finely chopped||$0.68|
|Cost per kg (finished product)||$6.09|
|Recommended sell price per recipe (70% mark-up)||$8.40|
|Recommended price per kilo (70% mark-up)||$10.35|
- •500g lean Pork mince
- •200g can crushed pineapple, drained
- •2 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- •1 egg
- •2 spring onions, finely chopped
- •Note: Pineapple may be replaced with sliced mango for a delicious tropical taste
- 1.In a large bowl, combine the lean pork mince, crushed pineapple, mint leaves, egg and spring onions and mix well.
- 2.Shape the pork burger mix into 6 large patties.
CUSTOMER COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or BBQ plate on medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Cook the patties for 5-6 minutes on each side. Rest in a warm place for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve on a toasted crusty bun with Swiss cheese, salad greens and mango chutney.