Italian Style Pork Fillets
Serves 4 people
- •3 x mixing bowls
- •Butchers twine
- •2 trimmed pork fillets (around 250g finish weight)
- •6 x mushrooms
- •6 x olives
- •1 x yellow capsicum
- •1 x red capsicum
- •30g salami
- •30g grated cheese
- •¼ cup (60 ml) Italian style liquid marinade
- •100g breadcrumbs
- •100g grated parmesan cheese
- •1 tbsp (15g) dried rosemary
- •1 egg
- •1 liter of milk
- 1.To prepare the pork, cut 2-3cm off the narrower end of the pork fillet to even out the size of the whole fillet. Once the fillet size is even, cut the fillet in half to create two 5 -6cm ‘mini fillets. Then to prepare the ‘mini fillets’ slice a pocket lengthways at the top of the fillet.
- 2.Finely dice mushrooms, capsicum, salami, and olives and mix through in a mixing bowl.
- 3.Add Italian style marinade and cheese to the diced mixture and stir through.
- 4.Evenly spoon the mixture into the top pocket of the fillet, keeping sure not to overfill the pocket to ensure the fillet can be closed.
- 5.In another mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and dried rosemary.
- 6.In another mixing bowl beat the egg and milk to create the batter to crumb the pork fillets.
- 7.Roll the closed pork fillets in the bread crumb then dip the pork fillet into the egg and milk wash to then roll again in the bread crumb to double crumb.
- 8.Using the butcher’s twine, tie the centre of the fillet to hold the fillet together.
- 9.(In this recipe we have removed 2-3cm off the narrow end of the pork fillet, to not be wasteful and make sure you are not losing money we do suggest you then add this to your stir fry. The other alternative is that you don’t remove it at all and you tuck it underneath).
Consumer Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 160◦C Fan forced or 180◦C conventional.
- Spray or coat the tray with oil, then place the fillets into the tray.
- To make the crumb a bit extra crispy, lightly spry with olive oil spry before you put it into the oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Italian Style pork fillets ingredients
Pork, Parmesan Cheese (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Italian Style Marinade (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Milk (You must include all the ingredients from the label), egg, cheese (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Salami (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Red Capsicum, Yellow Capsicum, Olives (You must include all the ingredients from the label), mushrooms, Dried Rosemary.
(THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS EGG AND MILK).
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.