Japanese Style Pork Roast
- •Measuring cup
- •Bowl or tub (suitable size to fit roast)
- •Mixing spoon
- •1kg rindless pork loin
- •¾ cup (190ml) mirin seasoning
- •2/3 cup (170ml) soy sauce
- •1/3 cup (80g) sliced ginger
- •1 orange sliced
- •2 ½ (625ml) cups of water
- •1 tbsp (20g) shichimi spice mix
- 1.Combine mirin, soy sauce, ginger and orange in bowl or tub and mix well.
- 2.Add the whole pork loin into brine and marinate for 12 – 24 hours.
- 3.Remove brined pork loin, pat dry with paper towel or cloth.
- 4.Spread Shichimi spice mix onto the bench or tray, roll the roast onto mix to coat.
- 5.Butchers tip: The best way to display this roast and maintain the marinade flavours is cryvac, this will allow you to present the roast well and get a bit more life when you create a batch.
Consumer Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 160◦C Fan forced or 180◦C conventional.
- Cook roast for 45min to 1 hour (this time is according to a 1kg piece).
- Serving suggestion: Serve with a green Asian salad or make Asian style sliders with shredded Chinese cabbage and kewpie mayo.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Japanese style pork roast ingredients
Pork, Water, Mirin (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Soy Sauce (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Fresh Ginger, Fresh Orange, Shichimi Spice mix (You must include all the ingredients from the label).
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.