Kingston pork fillet
|1.5 kg pork fillets||$18.00|
|300g Spanish chorizo||$4.20|
|200g shredded cheese||$1.60|
|150g spinach, finely chopped||$0.75|
|12 sage leaves, for garnish||$3.50|
|Cost per kg (finished product)||$18.70|
|Recommended sell price per portion (70% mark-up)||$47.69|
|Recommended price per kilo||$31.79|
Please Note: the pork element of the above cost guide is based on whole carcass breakdown.
- •1.5 kg pork fillets
- •300g Spanish chorizo
- •200g shredded cheese
- •150g spinach, finely chopped
- •12 sage leaves, for garnish
- 1.Trim fat from pork fillet and butterfly. Slice nine very thin slices of Chorizo for garnish, dice the rest into small cubes.
- 2.Add to cheese and chopped spinach. Divide mixture over the four pork fillets, place in the centre of pork fillet and roll.
- 3.Place sliced Chorizo and sage leaves on top for garnish. Hold in place with trusses or tie with string.
Customer cooking instructions:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Roast on a baking tray for 25 mins. Serves 2-3 people.
Thank-you to Luke Leyson from Goodwood Quality Meats for the development of this recipe.