Lemon & Oregano Pork Skewers
Prep time 25 minutes Cook time 15 minutes
Serves 4 people
|800g Pork scotch fillet @ $6.70 kilo||$5.36|
|1 small lemon (thinly sliced)||$0.60|
|2 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tsp finely grated lemon zest|
|3 garlic cloves, crushed or 4 tsp crushed garlic (jar)||$0.10|
|2 tsp dried oregano leaves||$0.68|
|2 small red onions, cut into 1cm thick wedges||$0.49|
|2 tsp olive oil||$0.21|
|8 Bamboo Skewers||$0.08|
|Cost per kg (finished product)||$7.58|
|Recommended sell price per recipe (70% mark-up)||$13.95|
|Recommended price per kilo||$12.88|
- •8 bamboo skewers.
- •2 tablespoons olive oil (+extra for brushing).
- •1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest.
- •2 tbs lemon juice.
- •3 garlic cloves, crushed.
- •2 tsp dried oregano leaves.
- •2 small red onions, cut into 1cm wedges.
- •1 small lemon, thinly sliced.
- 1.Trim and cut fillet into 4-5cm pieces.
- 2.Combine oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic and oregano.
- 3.Season with salt and pepper.
- 4.Add pork and toss to coat in mixture.
- 5.Thread pork, onion and lemon slices onto skewers.
Customer cooking instructions:
- Preheat a barbecue or char-grill on medium heat.
- Spray skewers with oil.
- Char-grill or barbecue skewers, turning occasionally and baste with marinade for 15-18 minutes or until the pork is just cooked through.
- Serve with a Greek salad.