Pistachio and spinach pork rack
Prep time 45 minutes Cook time 45 minutes
|4kg whole pork loin, rib end (after preparation, weight =2.6kg)||$31.20|
|150g silverbeet spinach leaves||$0.50|
|35g peeled pistachio nuts||$1.78|
|10g mixture salt and pepper||$0.5|
|100g bread crumbs||$0.34|
|Total cost per Kg||$12.16|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$58.94|
|Recommended sell price per Kg||$20.68|
- •4kg whole pork loin, rib end (after preparation, weight =2.6kg)
- •150g silverbeet spinach leaves
- •35g peeled pistachio nuts
- •10g mixture salt and pepper
- •100g bread crumbs
- •1 egg
- 1.For pistachio and spinach stuffing, first remove stalks from the Silverbeet spinach, and keep the leaves.
- 2.Place all the silverbeet spinach leaves in to a food processor and process roughly to reduce in size. Then add the pistachio nuts and blend until a chopped finely. This process will take approximately 3 minutes
- 3.Remove the spinach and pistachio mix from the processor and mix in the breadcrumbs.
- 4.Lastly, crack the egg, beat, and then add to the silverbeet spinach mixture. Combine until when the mixture is pressed, it sticks together. The mixture will feel like crumbs but when pressed it will stick together.
- 5.For pork rack, remove entire skin of the pork loin, clean any fat left on the loin without piercing the skin and put aside for finish of rolling.
- 6.Mark the chine bone with your knife and remove the chine on the band saw. (like Preparation of pork cutlets)
- 7.Peel meat on top of ribs of the ribs leaving the remaining meat on the eye.
- 8.French the ribs, removing intercostal meat and clean the bones for presentation.
- 9.Remove fat on top of eye of meat.
- 10.Squeeze stuffing to form a long, sausage shape roll.
- 11.Place stuffing under remaining meat left on top of eye and season whole roast with salt and pepper.
- 12.Score skin, then place skin on top of the whole roast.
- 13.Wrap roll the roast, keeping strings even and knots aligned with knots placed on ribs side of roast where they can’t be seen for presentation purposes.
For efficiency, make up a kilo batch of the spinach pistachio mixture (multiply the mixture by four) and prepare with 4 x racks.