Pistachio & Fig Pork Ribs
- •Herb grinder or tenderiser mallet
- •2 x mixing bowls
- •1 rack of American ribs, cut into single rib pieces
- •1/3 cup (80g) pistachio nuts
- •½ cup (125g) panko crumb
- •½ tsp (2.5g) mustard powder
- •3 x sprigs fresh thyme
- •½ tsp (2.5g) garlic granules
- •½ tsp (2.5g) crack black pepper
- •½ Cup (100g) fig jam
- 1.Grind or pound the pistachio nuts until they are a manageable size to coat the ribs.
- 2.Add the panko crumb, herbs and spices to the pistachios and mix through.
- 3.Place rib pieces in another mixing bowl, then coat ribs with the fig jam.
- 4.Once coated, transfer ribs pieces one by one into crumb mixture and evenly coat all sides.
Consumer Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 140◦C Fan forced or 160◦C conventional.
- Lightly cover with foil, bake for 1 hour
- Uncover ribs cook for a further 30 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Serve alongside fig jam for dipping
- Butchers tip: It would be a good idea to stock the fig jam that you use in store to then upsell, to accompany the ribs. You could also make extra of the coating nut and herb mixture and sell it in containers to accompany other pork cuts.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Pistachio and fig pork ribs ingredients
Pork, Fig Jam (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Panko Crumbs (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Pistachio nuts, Mustard powder (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Fresh Thyme, Garlic Granules (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Cracked black pepper. (THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS NUTS).
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.