Pork and Pear Appetizer
Serves 10 people
- •Butcher's twine
- •1kg denuded pork loin or pork topside
- •150g fig jam
- •10 X slices of fresh pear
- •10 x chopped green stalk of spring onion (cut to the same length of pear slice).
- 1.Thinly slice pork into 100g steaks.
- 2.Spread fig jam to one side of each steak, making sure to cover completely right to the edge of the steak.
- 3.Place one slice of pear and one spring onion stalk in the center of the pork steak and then roll.
- 4.Once rolled, string tie rolled parcel with butcher’s twine to hold together.
- 5.Butchers tip It would be a good idea to stock the fig jam that you use in store to then upsell, to accompany the ribs. You could also make extra of the coating nut and herb mixture and sell it in containers to accompany other pork cuts.
Consumer Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 180◦C Fan forced or 200◦C conventional.
- Spray or coat an oven tray with oil of choice and place the cutlets chorizo side facing up into the oven tray.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Serve alongside fig jam for dipping.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Pork and Pear Appetizer ingredients
Pork, Fig jam (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Fresh Pear, Fresh Spring onion.
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.