Pork, apple & bacon meatloaf
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 50 minutes
Serves 4 people
- •1 medium Granny Smith apple
- •1 tablespoon olive oil
- •20g butter
- •1 large brown onion, finely diced
- •250g Australian bacon rashers, rind removed and diced
- •750g pork mince
- •1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- •1 teaspoon dried sage
- •1 egg
- •1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1.Grease and line a 6-cup capacity foil tin with baking paper, leaving a 2cm overhang on the long sides.
- 2.Peel, core and finely dice apple.
- 3.Combine pork mince, mustard, sage, egg, onion, apple and three-quarters of the bacon and half of the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined. Press pork mixture into the prepared tin.
- 4.Combine remaining bacon, apple and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Melt 20g butter and add to bacon mixture and stir until combined. Sprinkle mixture over top of loaf, pressing gently.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Stand for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Transfer meatloaf onto a serving board and slice.
Note: Serve with tomato chutney, steamed new potatoes and green beans.