Pork Belly Pot Roast
- •Butchers Twine
- •Small bowl
- •Rindless Pork Belly (6cm X 20cm)
- •1 Carrot
- •1 Parsnip
- •1 wedge Butternut Pumpkin
- •½ tsp (2.5g) Dried Thyme
- •½ tsp (2.5g) Dried Rosemary
- •½ tsp (2.5g) Salt
- •½ tsp (2.5g) Cracked Black Pepper
- 1.Butterfly pork belly.
- 2.Thickly julienne carrot, parsnip, and pumpkin into sticks.
- 3.Evenly mix all the spices together.
- 4.Season the inside of the pork belly with half the herbs and spices.
- 5.Roll the sliced vegetables in the meat, one by one alternating between the three.
- 6.Once completely rolled, string roast.
- 7.Season the outside of the roast with the remaining seasoning.
- 8.Cooking suggestion: Cook pork on rack over potatoes, as the delicious juices of the pork belly will flavor the potatoes.
Consumer Cooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 160◦C Fan forced or 180◦C conventional.
- In a baking tray spray or coat the tray with oil, then place the roast into the tray.
- Cook for 90 minutes.
- Cooking suggestion: Cook pork on rack over potatoes, as the delicious juices of the pork belly will flavor the potatoes.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Pork belly pot roast ingredients
Pork, Carrot, Parsnip, Butternut Pumpkin, Dried Thyme, Dried Rosemary, Salt, Cracked Black Pepper. *Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.