- •3 x mixing bowl
- •1kg diced pork neck (1cmX1cm)
- •600ml butter milk
- •½ tsp (2.5g) salt
- •½ tsp (2.5g) garlic powder
- •½ tsp (2.5g) paprika
- •½ Cup (125g) southern style coater
- •2/3 Cup (170g) panko crumbs
- •¾ Cup (190g) plain flour
- •1 egg
- •1 liter milk
- 1.Dice the pork neck into 1cm x 1cm pieces.
- 2.In a bowl whisk salt, garlic powder, paprika and buttermilk.
- 3.Soak and marinate the diced pork into buttermilk mixture and leave for 4 hours.
- 4.In a separate bowl mix breadcrumbs and the southern style coater.
- 5.Once the breadcrumb mixture is ready, remove the pork from the buttermilk mixture and coat pork pieces in flour prior to crumbing.
- 6.In a mixing bowl whisk egg and milk together creating a batter.
- 7.Dip floured pork pieces into the egg batter then coat with breadcrumb mixture.
Consumer Cooking Instructions
- Heat frying oil of your choice to shallow fry the pork pieces.
- Once the oil is hot, cook the pieces turning every minute to cook all sides until lightly golden.
- Once cooked place the pieces on a tray covered with a paper towel to drain any excess oil.
- Serving suggestion: Serve with homemade coleslaw and a dipping side of mixed kewpie mayo siracha sauce.
Ingredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Pork Popcorn ingredients
Pork, Butter milk (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Milk (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Egg, Flour, Panko crumbs (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Southern style coater (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Salt, Garlic powder (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Paprika. (THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS EGG AND MILK).
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.