Pork schnitzel with sage and parmesan crust
Prep time 15 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
|4 x 150g pork collar butt steaks||$4.20|
|50g plain flour||$0.04|
|Salt and pepper||$0.05|
|½ cup water||$0.00|
|200g Panko crumbs||$3.47|
|10 sage leaves, finely chopped||$0.99|
|¼ cup continental parsley, finely chopped||$1.20|
|¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated||$0.51|
|Cost per kg||$18.43|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$18.80|
|RRP (per kilo)||$31.33|
- •4 x 150g pork collar butt steaks
- •50g plain flour
- •Salt and pepper
- •2 eggs
- •½ cup water
- •200g Panko crumbs
- •10 sage leaves, finely chopped
- •¼ cup continental parsley, finely chopped
- •¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1.Flatten pork steaks with a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- 2.Dust pork schnitzels with seasoned flour and shake off excess. Dip each schnitzel into beaten egg and water.
- 3.Press schnitzel firmly into the combined crumbs, herbs and parmesan cheese.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
Heat oil over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes and shallow fry each schnitzel until golden. Drain on absorbent paper. Serve hot with salad and crusty bread.