Pork sun pie
Prep time 20 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
|1kg pork mince||$5.15|
|20 sheets puff pastry||$8.99|
|18g ground white pepper||$0.10|
|20g ground fennel||$1.50|
|20ml olive oil||$0.20|
|Olive oil spray||$0.60|
|Cost per kg||$16.73|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$28.44|
|RRP (per kg)||$28.44 p/kg or|
- •1kg pork mince
- •20 sheets puff pastry
- •18g salt
- •18g ground white pepper
- •20g ground fennel
- •10g turmeric
- •20ml olive oil
- •Olive oil spray
- 1.Cut the pastry into 20 x 21cm diameter discs and refrigerate until required. Mince pork through 5mm plate twice, mix in salt, pepper and fennel and mix into an emulsion.
- 2.Weigh the mince into 10 x 100g portions Place one 100g portion on to a pastry disc and spread around, leaving a 1cm clean edge on the outside.
- 3.Brush the edge with water and place another disc on top. Secure the edges with a fork. Place a small lid (olive oil spray lid) in the centre and push gently.
- 4.Slicing from the disc, cut 16 equal cuts around the lid. Twist each of the 16 equal pieces to form the sun shape. Ensure prior to twisting, that the product it is on suitable packaging.
- 5.Repeat for the other 9 x 100g portions of mince. Spray each Sun Pie with olive oil to increase shine and prevent pastry drying.
- 6.Mix the turmeric with a little olive oil and paint the centre of each Sun Pie.
Customer Cooking Instructions
Preheat oven to 200°C. Once heated, place Sun pie on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook for 18-20 min.