This page contains a generic recipe for pulled pork and an expanded recipe to make pulled pork with Mexican rice.
- •Slow cooker
- •2 x Forks
- •Measurement utensils
Pulled Pork Ingredients
- •1.5 kg Pork Scotch
- •2 tbsp (30g) Brown Sugar
- •2 tbsp (30g) Salt
- •2 tbsp (30g) Cumin
- •2 tsp (10g) Onion powder
- •2 tsp (10g) Garlic powder
- •1 tsp (5g) Cayenne pepper
- •2 tsp (10g) Smoked paprika
- •1 ½ cups (375 ml) Chicken Stock
- •2 tbsp (40 ml) Worcestershire Sauce
- •2 tbsp (40 ml) Cooking Oil
- •4 tbsp (80 ml) American mustard
- •½ cup (125ml) BBQ Sauce
- •1 tbsp (20ml) Apple Cider Vinegar
Cauliflower Mexican Rice Ingredients
- •1 Brown onion, diced
- •1 Carrot, diced
- •2 Garlic cloves, minced
- •½ tsp (2.5g) Cumin
- •1 cup (250g) Cauliflower rice
- •½ cup(125ml) tomato passata
- •½ cup (125g) frozen peas
- •Oil for cooking.
- 1.To create dry rub, combine all dry spices, mix well.
- 2.Cut the pork scotch into quarters.
- 3.Coat the quarters with American mustard and then evenly dust with the mixed dry spices rub.
- 4.Sear each piece of pork in cooker for 2 minutes either side, remove and set aside.
- 5.Once the meat is removed add ½ of the chicken stock to deglaze cooker using a spoon to lift all the caramelisation to add flavour. Then add remanding chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce.
- 6.Evenly position pork in cooker, set on high for 4 – 6 hours in a slow cooker (the meat is ready once it is easy to pull apart).
- 7.Once cooked remove the meat into a large mixing bowl and shred with two forks.
- 8.To make cauliflower Mexican rice: Heat oil in a pan and cook onion and carrot, until soft.
- 9.Add garlic and cumin and stir through to coat the onion and carrot.
- 10.Add cauliflower rice, frozen peas and passata stir through to heat for 2-4 minutes not to overcook.
- 11.Serve as a burrito bowl with the Pulled pork, guacamole, and sour cream.
General InformationIngredients Listing – Disclaimer
All Pork Butchers value added products legally must be sold with an ingredient listing on the label or the ingredient list must be easily provided when requested. We have provided the ingredients list below, that must be customised according to the ingredients you source for the recipe.
Pulled Pork ingredients
Pork, Chicken Stock (You must include all the ingredients from the label), American mustard (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Brown Sugar, Salt, Cumin, Onion powder (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Garlic powder (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Smoked paprika, Worcestershire Sauce (You must include all the ingredients from the label), Cooking oil, Cayenne pepper, Apple cider vinegar (You must include all the ingredients from the label), BBQ Sauce (You must include all the ingredients from the label).
*Note this ingredients listing will not be accurate until, the ingredients used by the butcher is included and Australian Pork is not responsible for the accuracy of the customized ingredients listing.
Sell the pulled pork in oven ready or microwaveable containers, so the customer only has to reheat and eat!