Skewered Spanish pork shasliks
Prep time 10 minutes Cook time 10 minutes
|8 pork medallions, trimmed and cut in half||$16.00|
|100ml olive oil||$0.60|
|½ teaspoon smoked paprika||$0.25|
|3 tablespoons balsamic glaze||$1.95|
|3 red capsicums||$3.84|
|3 yellow capsicums||$2.52|
|4 small purple onions, halved||$3.20|
|12 wooden skewers, soaked||$0.32|
|Cost per kg||$8.96|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$48.76|
|RRP (per kilo)||$15.24|
- •8 pork medallions, trimmed and cut in half
- •100ml olive oil
- •½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- •3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- •3 red capsicums
- •3 yellow capsicums
- •4 small purple onions, halved
- •12 wooden skewers, soaked
- 1.Blend together the olive oil, smoked paprika and balsamic vinegar in a large non-metallic dish.
- 2.Marinate medallions in the marinade for up to 24 hours.
- 3.Cut the capsicums into 8 or more pieces. Thread the pork alternately onto large skewers with the purple onion and capsicums.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
BBQ or cook the shasliks on a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until pork is cooked the way you like it. Serve with baked potatoes, salad and a salsa sauce.