Smokey BBQ pork belly rashers
Prep time 5 minutes Cook time 20 minutes
|8 pork belly rashers, boneless, rind removed and thinly sliced 2-3 mm||$8.00|
|200ml smokey BBQ sauce||$0.94|
|½ cup dark brown sugar||$0.58|
|2 tablespoons oil||$0.81|
|1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped||$0.20|
|2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce||$0.99|
|Cost per kg||$11.52|
|Recommended sell price (70% mark-up)||$19.58|
|RRP (per kilo)||$19.58|
- •8 pork belly rashers, boneless, rind removed and thinly sliced 2-3mm
- •200ml smokey BBQ sauce
- •½ cup dark brown sugar
- •2 tablespoons oil
- •1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- •2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1.Combine the smokey BBQ sauce, brown sugar, oil, garlic and Worcestershire sauce in a large bowl.
- 2.Add the pork belly rashers to the bowl and marinate for up to 24 hours.
- 3.Try freezing the pork belly before slicing, this will help achieve a thin and even cut.
Customer Cooking Instructions:
Cook belly rashers over a medium heat on the BBQ, griddle plate or under a fan grill basting and turning frequently being careful not to burn the marinade. Serve with a leafy green salad.